Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Malls on Holy Week


from https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images
I am becoming a fan of the blog chuvaness.com:) I find it informative. I am liking it more now than FashionPulis.com. Anyway, i just read the mall schedules for the holy week in chuvaness.com. Somehow, I realize that going to the mall has become indispensable for most people. I, myself, like going to the mall. Now that I am a housewife, I miss it a lot. It may seem selfish of me to think about it now that i have 3 children to look after to. But don't get me wrong. I would not trade my 3 energetic kids for that:) 

During the holy week, on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, all malls are closed. It is a sacrifice for some people who love spending time inside the malls. When I think of it, I feel guilty of thinking of it as a 'sacrifice', when in fact, it should not be seen as one, since it's 'just going to the mall'. I have noticed, that during this time of the year, people would flock to the mall to shop and buy their groceries. It's funny how a lot of people would wait for the long queue in the cashiers of department stores and supermarkets. I mean it's just two days of not having the 'usual' things that we enjoy. So we may not be ready to 'sacrifice' after all:) Again, don't get me wrong, I asked my husband to go to the supermarket awhile ago *.


*This is written on Holy Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment