Friday, March 22, 2013

The Girls: KK & CC

I am a mother of 3. Two girls and one baby. Raising them has been very challenging. When I was still single, I told my then-boyfriend-now-husband that I wanted 6 children. At that time, I thought that raising kids was just very easy, meaning I would just feed them and bathe them, etc. I never realized that being a parent is a big responsibility. Fast forward today, I thank God I don't have 6 children. I am already happy with 3! Now that the kids are growing up, yes, they grow up so fast!, I am now facing bigger responsibilities. You see, I worry a lot. And because of all the negative news these days, I worry for my two girls. I've been praying that they would always be safe and strong. 

Yesterday, since it was my eldest daughter's birthday last March 19, I promised that I would bring her to Jollibee. But I realized it would be heartbreaking to imagine leaving my other daughter, I decided to bring her also. Yesterday was the first time to go somewhere with my daughters alone. Since I've become a housewife, I don't go out that much anymore. KK, the eldest, was quiet, remembering all the things I told them like "Hold my hands", "Don't talk to strangers", etc. All along, she was just quiet, looking around, excited to be out of the house. CC, the second, was so hyper. She was jumping while walking, not holding my hands, and trying to walk away from me to see what else was there to see. It became so stressful for me. It was too difficult that I wished my husband was with us. But he decided not to join because he wants to take care of our son at home. So I was left with the two girls. 

In the end, when we reached home, I was happy to see how happy they were with our short trip. In my mind, I had hope that they would grow up faster, so that I don't have to carry either one of them:) It has made me realized also that I cannot impose all the things that I want them to adhere to. I also saw how different they are from each other:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment