Saturday, March 23, 2013

Part time Online English Teacher

Aside from being a housewife, I am also an online English Teacher. This is my part time job. I've been working for my company for 3 years. I used to work for a Korean company. Now, I'm working for a Japanese company. The difference: Japanese are more polite than Koreans. But don't take it negatively as this is just my personal opinion. I teach using Skype and usually work from 20:00 to 23:00. I also have two morning classes, from 8:30-9:30. Working at home is not easy since I have small children to take care of. Luckily, my two daughters already understand the need to give me peace and quiet during my work. I just have to think of my son, and I just need to make sure that he is already asleep when I work. Aside from teaching business English, I make materials for the class. My boss in Japan sends me books to read and instructs me to make lesson plans after. I also correct students' business letters and essays. 

It's not a very difficult job. It's quite fulfilling in a way that I do not need to work outside anymore and leave my kids. The salary that I am receiving is almost the same as the usual salary paid to office workers. In addition, I appreciate that my boss is very understanding and kind. That's the main reason why I am still working in the same company for 3 years, given that it's only a part time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment