Monday, August 4, 2014

My Typical Day

                                           Source: imnmarketer.com

What is your typical day like? As a mother of 3 kids, with no nanny, and a lot of house chores to do, I end up lacking energy all the time. Did I mention that I also work? I have realized that ever since I had a child, I have never had a complete 8-hour sleep. I could only have at most 5 hours of sleep everyday. Let me give you a list of what goes on everyday.

4:15am -Wake up and prepare for my 4:30am class
4:30am-6:20am- Online classes
6:20-6:40am- Prepare kirsten for school
6:40-7:00- Breakfast
7-7:40- Do laundry
7:40-7:50- Bathe kurt
7:50-8:00- Prepare for a one-hour online class, do the dishes, etc
8:00-9:00 Online classes
9:00-9:40 Prepare kylie for school, do the laundry in between, prepare what will be cooked for lunch
9:40-10:00 Send kylie to school, fetch kirsten *with kurt in tow
10:00-10:20 Check kirsten's homeworks, check for subjects to review, do the laundry
10:20-11:30 Prepare and cook lunch, wait for kylie to arrive, put kurt for a nap
11:30-12:00 Lunch, do the dishes, etc.
3:00-5:00pm Clean the house, do more dishes, review the kids' lessons, prepare and cook dinner
5:30 Dinner
6:00-6:30 Bathe the kids
from 7:00pm Check my night classes, emails, writing jobs
7:30 Put the kids to sleep
9:00-10:00pm Online classes
----------------------------------------------------------
I could only take a nap in the afternoon, but most of the times I couldn't because I got used to watching them sleep. I would often complain about this schedule but I am more than thankful for the physical and emotional strength everyday. I also break down in tears sometimes, specially when kids become uncontrollable and they just won't listen. I've thought before of going back to work outside, but just an hour of being away and not seeing my kids become unbearable already. I've learned to appreciate the hardship of doing everything everyday and find something positive about it. The kids' smiles, words of appreciation and warm hugs compensate for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment