Saturday, October 25, 2014

What I Need to Do

Christmas is fast approaching. When one has kids, it becomes the most anticipated event of the year. I now have this sense of urgency to plan something special for the kids. They're expecting Santa Claus to come for their gifts. And somehow I've realized to do these things soon:

1. Decorate the house. We only have a small Christmas tree, but despite that, I think I should add more decorations for the home. Kids are happy to see decors in different forms and colors. I am actually thinking of DIY project for the kids. Sounds exciting.

2. De-clutter. I think one of the most important things to do before the holidays is to get rid of clutter. Kids will soon have new toys and books, and old toys will soon be ignored. Easier said than done! But i'll try:)

3. Prioritize. It's cliche to include 'SAVE UP' in my list. During Christmas, expenses double and no matter how hard we compute it, it'll end up most probably negative. I think parents should learn to prioritize. It is already a given for kids to ask for anything they want, plus the fact that we also want something for the house or for ourselves. Nevertheless, I think prioritizing what we need to buy over what we like or want for now would make a big difference in our wallets.

What are your plans for the coming weeks? Goodluck!




No comments:

Post a Comment