Saturday, October 25, 2014

I Need a Lift



What make a person happy? We are happy because of our family, career, money, friends, etc. Definitely a lot of answers, right? However, let's admit it that there are days when we feel down. Life isn't fair after all. So what do you do to put a smile on your face? Below are some of the simple things that I do to get that needed lift.

1. Christmas songs. While writing this article, I am listening to a medley of Christmas songs because it lifts my mood. I get to sing along with it. It reminds me of good memories and love. Some may even agree that a Christmas song brings a positive vibe. It brings the warmth of close family relationships and friendships.

2. 'I love yous'. After a day or even in the middle of doing a chore, I usually get stressed to the point of crying. An example would be cleaning and arranging my living room so that I could comfortably sit on, but then kids start to disarrange everything again and turns the room into a mess. What follows would most probably be a shouting/scolding parent and kids who'd just run around and ignore me. I experience that every day. It gets quite tiring and depressing but when a kid suddenly hugs you and says 'I love you', the anger just disappears like nothing happened. Same thing happens when I just cook the food they like or give them their favorite juices. Kids have this unexplained source of charm that turns everything positive.

3. Writing. There's something therapeutic about it. I used to have a lot of journals before, but for some reason, I have lost it, or maybe I should just do some thorough cleaning of the house soon. One of the main reasons why I write is because I want my children to be reminded of the lessons that I want to instill in them. When kids are too young, they have many questions. Even if a parent tries his best to answer them, kids may not still understand them. One of the first things I've written about in my new journal is about my career path.

4. Conversations. Isn't uplifting when you have that one person who'll listen to you without judging you? When I recently had a falling out with a friend, I really felt bad about it. My husband was there to listen to me, I think that was just enough to make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment