Monday, October 7, 2013

My Best Doctor

Last Friday, I ended up travelling 3 hours just to bring my eldest daughter to her former pediatrician, Dr. Mejia. He is a 65 year old man, although he looks younger than his age. The great thing about this doctor, aside from being our family's most trusted pediatrician for more than 10 years, is that he does not hesitate to give free samples of medicines. When I brought my daughter for a checkup (she coughs a lot only at night for 7 days already), he told me that my daughter's lungs were clear and he gave me samples of the 14 Montelukast 4mg chewable tablets that he prescribed together with Alnix (an antihistamine). He even looked in his cabinets for the other medicines while we were conversing. Compared with other pediatricians that I have consulted, Dr. Mejia, does not mind being asked a lot of questions. He explains things casually that a child's parent would not hesitate to ask more questions. I think this is the main reason why a patient may last as long as 30 minutes during a consultation. I also learned from his secretary that patients from other nearby provinces also go back to him.
Here's his contact number:

Dr. Wifredo Mejia
643-8043

No comments:

Post a Comment