Tuesday, April 14, 2015

On Getting Married...Again

One January morning, over a cup of coffee, my husband and I decided to get married again, but this time in a church. We got married in civil rites in 2009. I thought that was enough. I love attending church weddings because of the solemnity of the event. We didn't get married in church back in 2009 because I didn't want to. The problem has been with me-- I didn't want to prepare because I know how stressful the planning process would be. And so, fast forward to 2015, after realizing the importance of a church wedding and the eagerness of once again professing our vows in front of our family and friends, and, after 6 years and 3 kids, we have decided to have a church wedding on June 12, 2015.   

We initially wanted April 2015 because it summer and we're hoping to hold it in Marinduque. When we had a our family's short vacation there last December, I fell in love with the simplicity and the cleanliness of the environment. However, I've realized the difficulty of travelling back and forth to process and prepare everything. So we decided to hold it in Manila.

The Church: 3 Choices

a. Saint Francis of Assisi in Mandaluyong
b. Pinaglabanan Church in San Juan
c. Annunciation Parish in Cavite

Since I am not based in Manila anymore, I thought that holding the ceremony in the first two churches I have been familiar with would be easy. It wasn't the processing of the documents that became the challenged. It was the fact that my husband and I cannot go out because no one will look after our 3 kids. We realized that we cannot rely on other people to look after them. To solve the problem, we decided to have the wedding instead near our house. The church is just 10 minutes away from our house. On our first visit to inquire about their wedding, we even brought our 3 kids--that somehow made it memorable.

                                                               Annunciation Parish

For the other things to prepare for, I made a list of the most important things in a wedding. Since we're on a budget, we need to value every penny spent. Here's the list:

1. Church
2. Reception
3. Caterer
4. Photography
5. Make-up artist
6. Attire
7. Invitation
8. Souvenir
9. Cake
10. Transportation

Details on the above list will follow:)


No comments:

Post a Comment